Monday, December 3, 2007

Decorating for Chrisstmas

Patty brought down all of our Christmas decorations from the attic. There are 14 boxes, 2 baskets, a popcorn can, and a plastic shopping bag. Our house has about 1600 square feet of living space, already full of stuff. I love all of our Christmas decorations, but there's no room to put them all out. Soooo, we have to get rid of some of it. There are seven fancy stockings, a set of Christmas dishes, a dozen Christmas mugs, two creche sets, two boxes of tree ornaments, two or three boxes of Santa Clauses in all shapes and sizes, and I haven't opened the rest of the boxes. They have all been small pleasures when we bought and used them, and I hope it will be small, happy pleasures to share them with some family.



Other small pleasures this past week:



The wildfower flowers blooming in the median of Fern Avenue, just norht of 70th St. Thank you to the planters and tneders.



A pair of leopard print shoes I bought at Dillard's. They are so cute.



Writing my annual Christmas letter and making a collage of pictures I took during the year.



My daughter-in-law starting a blog because I did. (She is at blogspot.com as pianoplayer)



Buying poinsettas at Akins with a gift certificate from my friend Modelle.



Shopping and having lunch with my sister.



Patty cleaning up the patio and planting pansies and snap dragons and spring bulbs.



An article in this morning's Shreveport Times, by Wiley Hilburn, about feral cats in a colony near Choudrant that some cat lovers feed and look after.



LSU PLAYING IN THE NATIONAL TITLE FOOTBALL GAME!!!!!!